Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crossing another milestone

Last day of my first year of college has come so fast! Can we call this a milestone? Ever since I graduated from high school I feel like after every major event it could be considered another new chapter of my life, or some biography that someone will write about me someday.

The room is officially packed up. The storage people came Monday. Everything is out of the drawers and either in a bag of some sort or just scattered. It's a mess. Poor Rae finishes her finals at 11:30 at the latest today and I don't finish until after 5 today. That should give her a substantial amount of time to finish last details on the room and the rest can be spent reflecting I suppose. I have a lot of things to do as well. I have to study for my consumer behavior final and find a cd case to present my cd cover project for my desktop publishing class on top of having that professionally printed. I sent the file to alphagraphics online, I hope they stay on top of that. I also have to give a tour to a family on this yucky day. Is it wet outside. Perfect day to be giving a tour, running around town, and packing up the car.

In the midst of all of this craziness, I forget that this is good-bye. I am leaving almost immediately after my final today, there is no time to say bye to everyone. Yes, I am just leaving for the summer. The part that freaks me out is that there are graduating seniors who are acquaintances that I may never see again. There are also people I spend every single day with. College is the time where you're friends turn into family if they weren't already. We eat meals together, we sleep in the same building if not in the same room, we go shopping together, we take New England adventures together, we struggle, and grow together. I'm going to miss this life I live. Home and college are so far from one another, it really feels like I live in alternate universes when I leave one to go to another. When I go home, everything is almost painfully familiar and comfortable. I am really excited to go back, I do miss my friends at home. Life feels like it just picks up from where I left it when I come home from school. Life at home is so stagnant, things don't change ever. It's a big deal when they re-paint Wal-mart at home. Everyday is a new day here at school.  I am so fortunate to be able to have these experiences. I am blessed to have a mom that is able to send me to the school of my dreams. Yes, I complain about the ridiculousness I have to deal with here but I really do love it here. I am living the life that I thought I would sophomore year in ACT prep with Mr. Crawford when all I would do was research colleges. I found Johnson and Wales when I was in Denver and looked through the website every single day in that class.

Well this will be my last post on this blog for a while. I won't be in the mini-city for a few months. No worries, you'll see my new blog for the summer out soon.

Lots to do, gotta go. Stay dry out there, I sure won't be. I'm off to do a tour.



1 comments:

a l e x said...

Joy! I am so glad that you are coming home. I cannot wait to hear all of your exciting stories in person that I read on your blog.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...