Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Countdown

Our room is so sad looking, random boxes and luggage, bare walls, white shower curtain, no more bathroom shelf, you know what that means? 4 more days until we hit the road! I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. Another thing it means is that I still have finals to prepare for and take in the few days that I have left here. Good news is that the more I pack, the more I realize that I won't be taking much home with me. I really just plan on taking clothes. There is no reason for me to take things home and just haul them back up in the fall. Rae got a head start today and put 2 very large suitcases in the car today. She has a lot of shoes. I couldn't think of one thing to put in the car today that I wouldn't be using in the next few days. I wish I could just layout 5 outfits and pack up the rest, I don't operate that way I guess.

The sickness is not getting better. Still no voice. I've tried everything but actually gargling salt water, I can't do it. I think I had a bad experience that last time I did it. I've tried eating cold things, warm things, cough drops, throat drops, hot tea, and gallons of water. Today I decided to move on over the natural and herbal remedies, I went to Whole Foods and bought some throat coat syrup and some natural lozenges. Throat coat tasted like honey and mint pleasantly, but the natural lozenge wasn't like a hard candy like a expected, it was more like a TUMS that tasted like cardboard, chalk, and a hint of sugar. I did learn that a common ingredient in these natural remedies is bark from elm and cherry trees?

Today we had our UIB E-Board "Retreat". It was such a good day. I am super excited about the group of people we have for E-Board next year. I think that we are all working towards a common goal and we all want to be in good communication with one another as well as the general board. That sounds like a recipe for success. It's also helpful that we all seem to strive for the same work ethic too. We are all team players and really excited for UIB next year. We have some fun programs planned for the fall. Of course we have our campus traditions like Freak Week, Winter Week, Snoball, Bingo, and New York City trip already in place. Rae is planning on taking a different approach with our mini concerts and how they are marketed. I will be working on recruitment efforts and member retention as well as working out a PR campaign for UIB next year. I plan on trying some fun new media strategies for utilizing Facebook and Twitter. Be prepared to see more videos with the Wildcat and possibly Francis at the Snack Shack.

I typed this last night but forgot to actually post it. Have a wonderful day, that's all for now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...