Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend in Review.

Hello all. I have been getting a lot of positive feedback on the blog lately. It seems to be a big hit among the mom crowd, not what I intended, but not complaining. Who knew posting my blog on Facebook wouldn't be targeting readers my age.

This weekend was intended to be a productive weekend consisting of homework, laundry, and cleaning the room. After many hours of staring at the word document and reading several articles and blogs about Hipsters, I finally finished my subculture project for my consumer behavior class about an hour ago. Didn't really get around to doing anything else yet. Since the laundry machines got fixed and I suddenly had to pay for my laundry again, I seem to lack motivation to actually do the laundry. As I look around my dorm room, I keep wondering how all of this clutter is going to be organized and put into storage boxes by the 17th. I am also wondering what I am going to do about the things I want to put in storage but I also need during the 2 days that I will still be living in this room. I plan on only taking clothes with me when I go home for the summer.

Netflix sent me The Blind Side this week in the mail. One of those movies that I had planned on watching in theaters the entire time it was showing in theaters but never made it. Such a wonderful movie. It made me remember the things that I sacrificed to go to this school. I may not understand football completely, but I really do miss it. It made me miss the south. Rae talks about missing the south all the time, but I try not to dwell and appreciate my life up here, and I really do. It still kinda upsets me that I won't have the classic college experience most everyone else gets. I won't be a part of a sorority that isn't repulsive. I won't go to football games that are televised. I won't be an alumni of a school that anyone is familiar with. I won't be attending alumni weekend events after I graduate from here. But then I remember how when someone asks "What's new?" I can tell them so many things that are new. When I ask people at home "What's new?" their lives really haven't changed tremendously since high school. I'm always so busy and exposed to so many awesome opportunities up here that I would never get if I were to stay close to home. I wouldn't be in classes towards my major if I decided to go to a traditional university. I have learned so much this year and I am so thankful for the opportunity to get out of the middle of nowhere and experience a new life. After watching The Blind Side, the roommate and I decided that it would be a Sandra Bullock weekend. Friday night we watched The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood and now we are watching Two Weeks Notice. Sandra is my favorite actress.

While I was sitting in my cubicle Friday afternoon, instead of actually doing something productive and finishing my homework, I decided to type out a to-do list while I watched Arrested development. I had Word up on the office computer and Arrested Development on my laptop screen. Multi-tasking. After the CAT Appreciation Activities, I decided to knock out a few things on my list and went to David's Bridal to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Misty's wedding. Of course I procrastinated and the only places they have the dress I need is Frisco, TX. Then I thought it would be a good time to take Babs (my car) into Toyota to get a check up and get it road trip ready. The bumpy Rhode Island streets had me convinced that Babs was in rough shape. After the check up, the only thing wrong was the air filter. Everything else was in tip top shape. They did a complementary wash and vacuum and she looks great!

Yesterday, instead of doing my homework I went to Target to check a few more things off my to-do list. I managed to run out of all of my everyday toiletries like contact solution, toothpaste, face wash, and lotion a less than two weeks before the trimester ended. It dawned on me that going to Target was such a treat back home. I wandered around for nearly 2 hours. The Target brand of everything looks so much cooler than the name brand I am always staring at the two and comparing to see if there is an actual difference in the product. I'm pretty sure I stood in the razor isle for a good 15 minutes just staring and debating on buying the razor refills or buying disposable razors. The refills are so expensive, but I feel so waste-full throwing away the entire razor. And of course I had to buy some new sandals and some new clothes. After Target I went to Trader Joe's to stock up on my Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, hummus, sorbet, and juice. Of course the bottom of my grocery bag broke and the bottle of juice exploded right as I was getting on the bus back to campus. Once I finally got back to my room, it was time to get dressed and head out to dinner to celebrate Mattie's birthday. We ate at Paragon and had a lot of fun.

That's all for now. I hope you had as nice of a weekend as I did. May this bring some joy to your day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...