Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Summer is near!

So I'm a little late on reporting back on last weekend's festivities. There was a great turn-out for the Tea Party Tax Day Rally for Rhode Island standards. I would say there were about 1200 people there. We almost didn't make it because Rae was recovering from being sick but it just conveniently worked out for us to go. Thursday was a combined YR/laundry/homework day. I have to say there was a lack of ridiculous tea party signs like usual rallies but we couldn't have asked for any better weather. Friday was crazy busy...I don't even want to talk about it. Mike Rosen flew into town for the weekend. I finally met him! We took him to Newport, we toured a mansion, ate brunch, and walked around the wharfs. It wasn't gorgeous weather, but I am thankful that it didn't rain. Sunday we went to church, ate at Tazza, and thanks to Michael's love of reading the newspaper, we found out about a roller derby at the convention center. After reading about the derby at Tazza we looked over and realized that the opposing roller derby team was sitting next to us eating at Tazza too. I had never seen a roller derby before except for in the movie Whip It! It's actually a really exciting sport. Rae is considering training and being on one. We were trying to come up with derby names for the both of us. Rowdy Rae, Rough Rider, Joy Stick, Egg Roll You Over, and many others. London Brawling killed our poor Rhode Island Riveters by around 100 points. Kamikaze Kitten just racked up those points like crazy.

The end of the year is approaching quickly. I can't believe that it's almost week 8. I feel like there are so many things to do in all of my classes in such a short amount of time. I registered for my fall classes yesterday. Nothing super exciting. I am still trying to figure out how I'm going to transfer down to Charlotte the year after next. It's complicated because they don't offer my major down on the Charlotte campus, so technically I would have to change my major to Marketing to transfer, then transfer back up to Providence to graduate with an Advertising degree. I love the idea of graduating a year early, but then I start looking at degree plans and concentrations and I just want to take every class available. To add to that, I also want to study abroad and do an internship or coop. These are common woes of JWU students...the focused ones at least.

Rae and I have confirmed our itinerary for our road trip home for the summer. We are leaving that evening when I finish my final May 19. We are going to get a head start and hit Philly and stay the night. Then drive all day Thursday down to Charlotte to see our JWU Charlotte Campus Friday. After Charlotte, we take off for our next stop in Biloxi. Maybe stay the night by the beach. Then we drive through New Orleans and end up in College Station to stay with Stevvi for a night, then head to San Antonio with her. Take a break in San Antonio for a day or two, then head to Dallas. Dallas is where we will part and I head up to Oklahoma.
n
View Larger Map

I finally decided to stay home this summer.  I had all these ambitions to get an internship in San Antonio or DC but it occurred to me that there are so many older people who are searching for internships so they could possibly get their first job to start a career. This will be the last summer of my college career that I won't be doing something super important. I am going to take some classes at NSU and then take a trip to China to see the family. I haven't been since the 7th grade and this will be the first time I go to China all by myself. I'm pretty excited about it but the thought of visiting my family alone is very overwhelming. I still receive updates on all of these intern opportunities that I want but I'm just going to wait. It'll also be good to take some general classes at NSU for 1/4 of the price of them here.

That's all for now. I am off to class. I hope this brought some joy to your day,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...