Monday, April 26, 2010

Revived

This past weekend was a renewal of my faith in God. The roommate and I went to a Campus Crusades for Christ Leadership Summit in Boston despite the lack of information we had on the weekend. Rae had put our names in a while back and we never really heard more about except that our names were on the list. We knew that we would be staying at the Boston Sheraton, it was to begin at 8PM, and the whole weekend would cost us $20. Vague, I know. We took a leap of faith and just went. When we arrived at the Sheraton after our routine of getting lost and walking in circles around where we need to be and there was no sign of a Crusades conference what so ever. After wandering the lobby we ran into some CCRI students just as confused but we finally found where we were supposed to be.

Like every other conference or leadership thing I've been to, we all sat awkwardly in a circle in a conference room. We were asked to make an emotional weather forecast. I was currently in a fog and a bit frazzled but I hoped to be partly cloudy in the next few minutes. We did our usual introductions then jumped into what Crusades was all about. The weekend ended being so wonderful. I always have my doubts and hesitations at the beginning of every occasion where I have to meet new people and stretch a little bit out of my comfort zone but I am always glad that I did at the end. This weekend was the first time I had ever gone out and shared my faith with anyone let alone strangers in Boston. We went out of Boston Commons and just went up and talked to strangers about God. I guess I hide the fact that I am an introvert well. No one had any clue that I hated talking about uncomfortable subjects with others except Rae. It's amazing what one can accomplish by just putting your faith in prayer.

We met people from PC and CCRI and decided that we all need to collaborate on our Christ efforts next year. Providence is the least evangelized area of the country. I know that there was a reason why I ended up all the way up here for school, and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with God. Now I need to work out my own beliefs. This contemporary non-denomination stuff is still iffy with me. I have to find the balance between truth and grace. I ask for your prayers.
That's all for now, I hope it brought you some joy to your day,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...