Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Just Another Manic Monday"

I don't think a weekly blog is going to work out. It's Tuesday and I already have so much to blog about. I realized blogging once a week wasn't easier, it's actually more difficult for me and all of you lovely followers because it is sooo long. No worries, one day I will get this blog thing right.

Yesterday was just a normal day for me. I've always loved having a set schedule and a system for doing everything. For extra credit I attend these completely irrelevant workshops. They hold them at 2 different times a week, but due to my tight schedule I can't make either one so I scheduled private workshops with a tutor at the learning center. The workshops are over things that one would think a student would have mastered upon acceptance to any university. My first workshop was "How to Write a Research Paper." I'm am not kidding. My lovely tutor Florence realized quickly that this was silly and we just sit there are chat about life. Yesterday's workshop was "How to be an Active Listener." Kinda helpful, I learned a new way to take notes, I will have to test it out sometime. I love these little meetings with Florence because I leave work at 11:50am and power walk over to Starbucks right before noon to use my swipe for my Venti Iced Black Tea, Sweetened 4 pumps of classic, more tea, less water,and a delicious oatmeal cookie. Right after Starbucks get go over to Market Place where I don't have to wait in any lines and I have my pick of any table I want.

While I enjoyed my perfectly choreographed day, Mattie found her roommate Theresa passed out on the ground in their room. She was rushed in the ambulance to the hospital while Rae and Mattie followed in Babs (my car). They sat in the hospital ALL day while they ran all sorts of tests on Theresa. Theresa seemed fine at around 7pm, they were all sitting in the room chatting and waiting on the doctors to come in and say that they could leave when Theresa passed out again. The doctors decided it would be best to keep her overnight for observation.

Meanwhile, I went to my afternoon classes as usual. I was given an assignment in Desktop Publishing to make a propaganda poster. I HATE propaganda. It's whole purpose is to manipulate the masses and it is used all throughout history by evil leaders. It has to be over a controversial topic and it must evoke some sort of emotion. Blah. After my classes, I went on a jog around the eastside again. I changed it up a bit and went up a shorter hill and went down the BIG hill. Hurts just as much going down as it did going up. Once I recovered from my job, Cameron and I met for dinner at Market Place and chatted about our interesting parents. We ended the evening with me introducing him to the wonders of Glee while snacking on hummus and pita chips. Poor Rae and Mattie got back from the hospital at 11pm after being there since 2pm. They were mentally and emotionally drained while Cameron in I were so enlightened by the silliness of Glee.

I have noticed that my entire life, I have always been shielded from any sort of drama or tragedy. While I am so thankful that God has always spared me from these awful things, I almost kinda wish that someone needed me at their hospital bedside. Anytime I have gone to the hospital for one of my friends, I was never needed. There was always someone more important or closer to the person to be there. I was always there to just take up room in the seating area. I shouldn't complain. It's such a blessing, but you always want what you don't have.

Thats all for today! Hope this brought you joy,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...