Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow days and long weekends.

A snowstorm blew over Rhode Island last week and we are still enjoying the white blanket that lays over the ground, except for the snow/ice still covering parts of the sidewalk that I walk on. Last week we had a roommate meeting with the GRA (graduate resident assistant) about the issue of switching rooms for half of the year. Long story short, Rae and I originally had the master suite and the other two had the "B" room. The other two wanted to have the master for half of the year and it was a bit of a battle until we surrendered and moved. Luckily we had our snow day the next day so we were able to just make the switch Tuesday night and into the early hours of Wednesday. Note: I am not bitter about being in the smaller room. I like the smaller room, I don't see a problem with it or that it is really much smaller than the old room. I would have never asked to switch if I were originally in the smaller room. I have never dealt with someone so unwilling to compromise. That is in the past. We have a peaceful living environment now. The new room is almost like starting with a clean slate.

It must be an old habit I carry from growing up in Oklahoma, but when it snows, I still feel like life stops for a while. It has been really nice to be able to just hang out in the apartment, take leisurely trips up to Thayer St., and take a day trip to Boston. The downside of leisure is that it costs money usually. After dinner on Thayer, we were able to just spontaneously walk into the Avon Theater and watch a movie. We watched 'The Kings Speech" really great movie, I highly recommend it. I know. It sounds like a date. Moving on. Saturday we went to Boston and hung out at Harvard Square for the day. We spent the day hunting for the perfect place to eat lunch and window shopping.

Rae has taken it upon herself to help me meet my "Asian American Ivy League" husband. Now, I am perfectly content not having a significant other at the moment, but ideally I am looking for some who looks like this. He would ideally speak English very well and had parents who made him go to Chinese school so he would be able to speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese. He must be a strong Christian that does not believe in instrumental worship. Preferably pursuing a  career path in mathematics, engineering, finance, or computer programming. He needs to be emotionally stable and very mature. He cannot appear to have any resentment towards his parents for being really tough on him and expecting nothing less than perfection. If you know anyone that fits the criteria above please tell him about me and how wonderful I am and have him contact me, thanks.

I'm sure I approached this blog with some purpose, but it has obviously lost focus.

Until next time....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...