Sunday, January 9, 2011

Belated New Years Post

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been M.I.A for a few weeks now, and for being a flaky blogger since September. I could say that I have been crazy busy, but I have not been any busier than normal, if anything, during the break I was not busy at all.  I could take the time to catch up for lost time but I would rather just reflect on 2010 and move forward.

2010 was full of new friends, opportunities, and experiences. I am so thankful that my mom has made so many sacrifices and worked so hard for me to be able to earn my education here at Johnson and Wales and to be able to experience living somewhere completely different from the place I grew up. I am proud of myself for working through the realization of never having to start from scratch and having to make new friends and find my own way and actually creating a whole new life here in Rhode Island. I am sad when I realize that I no longer have much of a life back home in Oklahoma anymore. My purpose for being there is to spend time with family and friends, nothing else. I am excited/terrified of graduating college a full year early. I realized that all of my dreams and ambitions for a career can be achieved with hard work and determination. I also feel so blessed when I remember that my prayers were answered and I did make that lifetime friendship that you're supposed to make in college. I have complete faith that Rae and I will be friends for the rest of our lives regardless of where our individual paths may lead.

As for 2011, I do not wish to be a new person this new year. I am happy with myself. I am not perfect by any means, I have not achieved all of my goals, but I am in the process of achieving everything I have set out to achieve. Some things have progressed further than other and others may not have progressed quite as much. This year, I do want to take some time to slow down and build more relationships with people. It is very easy for me to get caught up in myself and what I need to do and forget to stop and have a conversation with someone every once in a while. My new years resolution is to put myself out there and make more of those "lifetime friendships you make in college". 2011 will also be the year I slow down and let God lead me to where I need to go. For the longest time I thought that that was such a passive way of living life; just sit and wait to be led, but that is not the case at all. God is the ultimate GPS of our life. When we don't listen to him the first time and turn right instead of turning left, he will re-calculate but that just makes the path far more complicated than it needed to be.

All and all, I am very content. I live a healthy productive lifestyle. I have a job that gives me the freedom to come up with new ideas and learn problem solving skills in the process. I have leadership positions that allow me to be a role model to someone else as well as develop organizational skills. I have great professors that care about my success and will do anything to help me have a successful future. I have also accepted that this is probably going to be the only time in my life that I am allowed to be concerned about me and  working on who I am before loving someone else. I am okay with not having a boyfriend. When the time comes, I will be ready. But as for now free and open to anything that comes my way and that is so liberating. I really enjoy blogging and WILL find time to do it more often.

Goodnight and Happy New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...