Friday, January 14, 2011

Intern

I know. It's January, but I have to start deciding what I want to do this summer! It is finally time to start interning. I have waited for this time since before high school. I have been looking at internship opportunities for years now. There are so many jobs that I want, I would love to be able to intern for all of them! Now it is time to actually apply for them, but is it? Rae has been looking/applying for some really awesome internships all over the country ( which I have already seen as well). I don't like the idea of picking up for a very short amount of time and moving across the country for an internship just yet. Is that closed minded of me? I love the idea of graduating first and then upping and moving anywhere, I don't want to live somewhere temporarily and then having to come back to school. That's so much unnecessary moving for an opportunity that will still be there when the time is right.

I have great opportunities lined out for me here in Providence this summer; does that mean I'm selling myself short? I have an apartment here, I have a job that includes housing and meals, and I also have some really internship opportunities that I would really like and I think I would learn the same things as I would moving across the country.

Lots to think about. But for now, I need to focus on some things that are happening NOW. Small but important things like projects for class as well as ad team, UIB, and making steps to making a difference for commuters somehow. More to come once I actually produce some results from those projects on my plate at the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...