Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Flying 1st Class

Last Thursday I took a trip to Wisconsin to visit Madison at college. I got a great air ticket with Midwest Airlines directly from Boston to Milwaukee. This being my first time flying Midwest and out of Boston, this was bound to be an adventure. Knowing my luck with travels, I left Providence hours before my flight. After checking in at the single Midwest counter at Logan airport, I went to the single gate that Midwest planes fly into to check the status of my delayed flight. I was able to casually hop onto the flight before mine, but I voluntarily gave up my seat for a person who needed to catch a connection flight from Milwaukee. Midwest was so appreciative, they bumped me up to first class seating on the flight I was originally scheduled to be on!
I was even more impressed with Midwest Airline on the way back from Wisconsin. The Milwaukee airport is one of Midwest's "hubs" so several Midwest flights go through Milwaukee. I like them because they are small, the staff is a lot more personable and helpful. They also understand logistically that it is much easier to board the flight from the back first. And to top it off, they back fresh chocolate chip cookies on the plane. I definitely recommend flying with them whenever you get the chance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, Uggs and a North Face jacket. I remember our convo about that.

I'm glad you had a good trip.

Joy Liu said...

All I'm missing is the Vera Hipster. Still haven't completely conformed.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...