Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012

My new years resolution is to start blogging again. I miss it, but I find it more and more intimidating to report on my life, especially when times are actually eventful. For the past week I have been home in Oklahoma for the holidays and it occurred to me that is my very last Christmas break forever. Sure, I'll have a few days off but I won't have a full 2 weeks off and have very minimal responsibility. I have been taking advantage, spending my days watching old television shows on DVD and Netflix as well as spending time with old friends. 

2012 is a very exciting year of my life. Exciting because for the first time I am entering a year without any certainty of where I will be standing this time next year or 6 months from now. Of course, we never know what life will throw at us from day to day but usually you have at least an idea of how things will be. 2012 will be the year that I graduate college, start a career, and start a new life. And the rest is still up in the air. I feel pressure from society and more so the adults in my life when they ask me "So do you have anything lined up after graduation?" No I don't have anything lined up yet. And should I be panicking just yet? It's January. There are some days when I get that question to where I am just trying to take care of what I need to take care of for that day. Sure, it would be comforting to have job security 6 months ahead of time, but what's the fun in that? I like the excitement of not knowing where I will be packing up and moving at the beginning of June. It may be across the country or it could be across town, who knows. Stay tuned.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...