Tuesday, April 26, 2011

An Oklahoma/Family/Chinese Buffet Wedding

Delayed recap of events:
The weeks just continue to fly by and I don't seem to be getting much accomplished. Last weekend, I flew home for my long-time family friend Richard and my cousin Jiao Jiao's wedding. Yep that's right, after all of these years of referring to him as Uncle Richard, he's now my cousin. It was a quick trip home, and I attempted to balance seeing friends with family/wedding things. Funny how every time I go home, it doesn't feel like any time has passed.

My mom put on the entire wedding, from decorating the church to the reception, and she even cooked all of the food at the reception too. It occurred to me why I love special events so much, it's genetic. It was a beautiful Chinese themed wedding at the First Baptist Church and the wedding reception, of course, was at Grand China. While she did a great job making the wedding happen, Shirley could work on the communication skills. I felt so useless when it came to helping with the wedding, and I didn't even told I was the maid of honor until I got to the rehearsal.

This could be a lot of people's family situations, but it's always interesting trying to explain mine. Since pretty much all of my family lives in China, we have a lot of unofficial family through long time customers of Grand China as well as former employees and current employees. It is a crazy mix of people. It would make a really great NBC Thursday night awkward comedy, if you know what I mean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...